Purpose: World Relief matches volunteers with opportunities to serve at our front desk, assisting/directing participants with their immediate needs. Provide hospitality and a welcoming attitude to new refugees in person and answering phone calls.
- Has a solid understanding of what World Relief does as a whole and can communicate it clearly
- Assist non-native speakers in directing them to who they need to meet with
- Route/Screen calls to specific World Relief staff
- Provides callers with information such as address, directions to the office, fax numbers, website and other related information
- Greet participants warmly
- Prepare Travel Loan letters
- Assist in small office projects
- Filing & shredding documents as needed
- Maintain clean & organized lobby
- Able to problem solve
- Sensitivity to persons of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- High degree of patience, understanding, and flexibility.
- Attend “Volunteer Orientation” training within 2 months of starting service.
- Record and report monthly volunteer hours served, as detailed in the Volunteer Orientation.
- Pass Federal Background Check; and if transporting, driving record check.
- NO previous front desk experience required
Interested in volunteering at our front desk? Email Robbie at RAdams@wr.org or call the office at 253-277-1121 x261
All volunteers are required to attend a volunteer training, complete an application, and undergo a background checks before starting. At the training you will learn about World Relief's work, the refugees and immigrants we serve, and what it looks like to come alongside them as volunteers in different roles.