World Relief is an international Christian relief and development organization whose US arm represents one of the largest refugee and immigrant-serving ministries in the Unites States with offices in 27 US cities. The Seattle office is one of the largest, with a variety of holistic programs serving newly-arrived refugees and immigrants.
World Relief Seattle seeks outstanding candidates for this important leadership position to advance the cause of helping immigrants and refugees rebuild their lives in our community. The Investments Coordinator will establish and cultivate relationships with a portfolio of individuals and corporations who are prospective partners and investors in World Relief Seattle’s work. S/he will take a lead role among a team of experienced professionals to solicit investments of time, talent and financial support in World Relief Seattle’s mission.
- Serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for World Relief Seattle
- Develop and deploy individualized cultivation strategies which harness the full range of World Relief Seattle’s people and programs
- Initiate contact with potential investors with the proclivity and capacity to give at a transformational level
- Communicate the needs of the organization clearly and honestly, asking for specific and bold investments from partners
- Deliver ongoing and personal reporting regarding any and all investments made.
- Coordinate donor contact through regular use of Microsoft Dynamics and/or other databases.
Requirements and preferred qualifications:
- Passion for the mission of World Relief, “to empower the local Church to serve the most vulnerable”
- Confidence, empathy and perseverance in personal relationships
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Creativity, flexibility and a desire to learn
- Positive and charismatic disposition
- Highly tuned listening skills
- Professionalism and a commitment to the highest ethical standards
- Experience working or volunteering in a cross-cultural setting is helpful
- Acceptance of the World Relief Statement of Faith
This position does not require previous non-profit fund raising experience. All appropriate training and support will be provided, and an experienced team in a highly professional, collegial culture will support the position. Therefore, World Relief Seattle encourages exceptional candidates from a broad variety of backgrounds to apply, even recent graduates and those seeking a transition from the private sector.
Expected start date: mid-to-late January 2017
Location: Kent, WA, with considerable time out of the office, meeting with investors
Full-time, permanent, exempt—some flexibility in schedule required
Compensation: To start, this position will receive modest compensation--$30K plus full benefits (DOE). However, rapid promotion with substantial pay increases and responsibility will come quickly to the right individual, with potential pay reaching highly competitive levels.
To apply, please visit https://www.worldrelief.org/careers/