Resettlement Caseworker Assistant assists Resettlement Caseworkers to provide case management the first few months after refugees arrive in the country in order to help them get off to a great start in building their new lives.
• Welcome newly arriving refugee families and individuals
• Provide community orientation, advice, and assistance in addressing basic needs
• Assist refugee participants in accessing appropriate services such as public assistance, education, health care, and employment services
• Encourage participants to work towards self-sufficiency and early employment
• Maintain and complete case files and required documentation for each case
• Maintain regular contact with assigned cases, including required home visits
• Identify and address barriers to successful resettlement as necessary
• Operate as a cultural broker between volunteers, church groups, service providers and refugees.
• Other related tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• A desire to serve refugees in support of the mission of World Relief
• Flexibility and the ability to learn quickly in a fast paced work environment
• Good oral and written English communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work sensitively and effectively in cross-cultural settings
• Previous experience with refugees highly desirable
• Good time management and multi-tasking skills
• Intermediate computer skills
• Access to a vehicle, current driver’s license, and clean driving record required.
• Bachelor's degree or proficiency in a refugee language preferred
To apply, please visit http://worldrelief.org/careers