World Relief is an international Christian relief and development organization whose US arm represents one of the largest refugee and immigrant-serving ministries in the Unites States with offices in 20 US cities. The Seattle office is one of the largest, with a variety of holistic programs serving newly-arrived refugees and immigrants.
World Relief Seattle (WRS) seeks outstanding candidates for this important position to advance the cause of helping immigrants and refugees rebuild their lives in our community.
The Development Assistant will provide essential support for fundraising and events, assist the Outreach Team, and track relationships with donors.
- Support logistical planning and management of outreach events, including:
- Organizing and following up with various aspects of multiple events
- Assistance with securing donations of goods and time
- Tracking of details and cost to stay within budget and event guidelines
- Coordination of event tasks with other staff and volunteers
- Oversee events on the day of, including problem-solving, directing event set-up and breakdown, organizing vendors
- Work closely with the Executive Director to stay on top of donor communications.
- Coordinate prompt acknowledgement and follow up to donations, including preparing thank you cards and follow up communication with donors.
- Work closely with the Outreach Team and Executive Director to coordinate outreach initiatives and maintain best practices that value and respect partners and donors.
- Continually develop, implement and refine multiple creative strategies to introduce WRS to more individuals and corporations in the community
- Accurate and consistent documentation of procedures/best practices and contacts, including regular use of Microsoft Dynamics and/or other databases.
Requirements and Preferred Qualifications
- Passion for the mission of World Relief to “empower the local Church to serve the most vulnerable” and for our vision of “every refugee & vulnerable immigrant welcomed by community, rooted in community, and empowered for community”
- Skilled coordinator of events and projects—detail-oriented and able to motivate and mobilize a team
- Exceptional organizational skills and proven follow through with multiple tasks
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creativity, flexibility and perseverance in pursuit of goals
- Previous experience in event coordination, marketing and/or a related area is highly desired
- Professionalism and a commitment to the highest ethical standards
- Experience working or volunteering with immigrants or in a cross-cultural setting is helpful
- Acceptance of the World Relief Statement of Faith
- Expected start date: as soon as possible
- Location: Kent, WA, with considerable time out of the office, meeting with investors
- 40 hrs/week, permanent, exempt—some flexibility in schedule required
- Compensation: DOE
- To apply, please visit our Careers Portal
- For questions, contact Jen Ankcorn at firstname.lastname@example.org