World Relief is an international Christian relief and development organization whose US arm represents one of the largest refugee and immigrant-serving ministries in the Unites States with offices in 20 US cities. The Seattle office is one of the largest, with a variety of holistic programs serving newly-arrived refugees and immigrants.
World Relief Seattle (WRS) seeks outstanding candidate for this important position to advance the cause of helping immigrants and refugees rebuild their lives in our community.
In a time of significant change in World Relief Seattle’s funding model and at a moment when issues of migration are perpetually in the news, the Donor Engagement Officer will play a critical role in growing organizational capacity and in engaging partners. S/he will establish and cultivate relationships with a portfolio of individuals and corporations who are prospective partners and investors in World Relief Seattle’s work. S/he will take a lead role among a team of experienced professionals to solicit investments of financial support, as well as time and talent in World Relief Seattle’s mission.
- Cultivate relationships with individuals of capacity and with businesses to the end of raising funds for World Relief Seattle’s work
- Serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for World Relief Seattle
- Initiate contact with potential investors with the proclivity and capacity to give at a transformational level
- Communicate the needs of the organization clearly and honestly, asking for specific and bold investments from partners
- Deliver ongoing and personal reporting to partners regarding their investments in the organization’s work
- Coordinate donor contact through regular use of Microsoft Dynamics and/or other databases.
- Serve on Outreach Team and assist Team in specific projects that raise World Relief Seattle’s profile in the community
Requirements and preferred qualifications:
- Passion for the mission of World Relief to “empower the local Church and Community to serve the most vulnerable” and for our vision of “every refugee & vulnerable immigrant welcomed by community, rooted in community, and empowered for community”
- Natural proclivity for building relationships
- Exceptional work ethic marked by perseverance and confidence
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creativity, flexibility and a desire to learn
- Positive and charismatic disposition
- Ability to listen well and to empathize with others
- Professionalism and a commitment to the highest ethical standards
- Experience working or volunteering in a cross-cultural setting is helpful
- Natural relationship builder
- Established connections with individuals and networks of high net worth a plus
- Acceptance of the World Relief Statement of Faith
- Expected start date: as soon as possible
- Location: Kent, WA, with considerable time out of the office, meeting with investors
- 40 hrs/week, permanent, exempt—some flexibility in schedule required
- Compensation: DOE
- To apply, please visit our Careers Portal
- Direct questions to Jen Ankcorn at firstname.lastname@example.org