- Communicate to and lead staff in the mission, vision, and strategic directions of World Relief
- Seek out, develop, and engage in opportunities to raise private funds within the local area churches, organizations, businesses, as well as individual donors
- Engage in public relations activities and act as a spokesperson/advocate with local or state organizations regarding issues relevant to World Relief and its constituents (churches, volunteers, refugees and immigrants)
- The Office Director is responsible for the overall operation and safety of the local office including the staff, programs, the physical building, and equipment.
- Set the spiritual tone and environment for the office encouraging prayer
- Develop, implement, maintain, and evaluate strategic programs that meet the needs of World Relief clients
- Maintain regular communication with the Regional Director through email, phone calls, and monthly reports
- Ensure that staff are fully trained and given ongoing training opportunities (technical training as well as World Relief missional training)
- Ensure there is coordination with corporate Marketing and Church Engagement departments regarding local fundraising
- Oversee the development of the annual budget for the office and for each program, ensuring that revenue from all sources (grants, other fund raising, and contributions) matches expenses
- Monitor budgets for each grant or program area by working with support staff to ensure fiscal information is routinely analyzed and expenses are adjusted to revenue as needed to ensure fiscal integrity
- Ensure that all reporting requirements, internal and external, are met in a timely manner
- Keep abreast of changes in regulations, codes, forms, and policy and procedures, and ensure that staff are trained and current on such changes
- Respond to corporate inquiries and ensure smooth communication between office program staff and national technical units
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong personal Christian faith and a heart for serving the poor and needy
- Commitment to the beliefs and values of World Relief
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (graduate preferred)
- 3 - 5 years experience managing multiple staffs/departments and budgets
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate well with evangelical churches
- Ability to lead and inspire people, and to create a unified team from the individual staff members
- Experience in recruiting, conducting interviews, hiring, and terminating personnel all in a highly professional manner
- Experience in working with grants (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel, and web-based interfaces such as SharePoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended periods of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering data through a computer, and talking via telephone. Meeting with staff individually or in groups which may require standing/presenting.
- Occasional domestic travel may be required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office setting
To apply, please visit http://worldrelief.org/careers