Full-Time Grant Writer
Job Title: Full-Time Grant Writer
Work location: Kent, WA
Reports To: Executive Director
Date Developed: June 3, 2021
Department: US Programs
World Relief Seattle is a Christian non-profit organization that provides support to refugees, asylees, and other immigrants in Western WA. We envision every refugee and immigrant welcomed by community, rooted in community, and empowered for community. The Grant Writer is responsible for pursuing and securing private and government funding in support of World Relief Seattle’s goals and strategic plan.
• Research grant funding opportunities for local programming
• Prepare LOIs, proposals and budgets to submit for funding requests, in collaboration with program managers and directors
• Maintain relationships with current funders, providing reports and updates regarding the programs they fund
• Preparing budgets in collaboration with the Finance Director
• Collaborate with World Relief Home Office staff on grant opportunities for the network
• Remain updated on current program details and outcomes, department needs and organizational direction
• Plan, prepare, and facilitate site visits for funders
• Edit and submit grant reports to funders, in collaboration with managers
• Maintain notes on foundations and grant opportunities; organize proposals in WR database
• Maintain relationships with foundations and actively research opportunities to develop new relationships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Outstanding listening, oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to relate to and communicate with diverse communities
· Project management, from facilitating big-picture strategic conversations about positioning and prospects to completion and on-time submission of full proposal and report packages (narratives, budgets and attachments)
· Ability to manage and prioritize competing tasks to meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines
· Extremely self-motivated with a proactive approach to work
• Maintain equal level of professional decorum, confidentially, and respect with people in interacting with participants, staff, high net worth individuals and foundation executives
• Candidates from refugee, asylee or immigrant backgrounds are encouraged to apply
· Mature and personal Christian faith
· Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
· Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
· At least three years of experience researching and writing private and government grants and successful managing grant reporting timelines
· Excellent writing skills, ability to synthesize data and narrative in compelling, concise writing
· Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Flexibility and ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
• The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
• Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
• The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
• General office setting.
• Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in skype meetings may be required.
• Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
• Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
• Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
• All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of World Relief as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs, so that all staff share the same religious commitment. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.