- Coordinate the collection of gifts-in-kind (GIK) (furniture, household items, small appliances, electronics, bicycles, vehicles, clothing, etc.).
- Ensure timely delivery of furniture and other GIK to new refugee families according to program guidelines.
- Set up apartments for new refugee arrivals, purchasing necessary furniture and household items when necessary to fulfill requirements.
- Field inquiries from the public regarding potential in-kind donations.
- Solicit in-kind donations to meet ministry needs.
- Maintain and organize storage areas.
- Manage the fleets of the office
- Develop positive on-going relationships with donors, volunteers and refugees.
- Accurately document and report receipt and delivery of GIK as well as program purchases.
- Participate in Outreach Team meetings and promotional activities, engaging potential supporters in the ministry of World Relief Seattle
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- A desire to serve refugees in support of the mission of World Relief.
- Ability to communicate the work and mission of World Relief to donors.
- Good communication, customer service and organizational skills.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Ability to work with and communicate well with diverse groups of people.
- Self-motivated worker with the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Flexibility in schedule and ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience working in multicultural settings highly desirable.
- Ability to lift at least 70 pounds multiple times required.
- Current driver’s license, insurance and clean driving record required.
- Knowledge of a second language a plus.
Application deadline: November 4th, 2016
Location: Kent, WA, with much work in the field
40 hours/week, ongoing
Compensation: DOE, benefits available
To apply, please visit www.worldrelief.org/careers