Resettlement Caseworker provides case management the first few months after refugees arrive in the country in order to help them get off to a great start in building their new lives
- Welcome newly arriving refugee families and individuals
- Provide community orientation, advice, and assistance in addressing basic needs
- Assist refugee participants in accessing appropriate services such as public assistance, education, health care, and employment services
- Encourage participants to work towards self-sufficiency and early employment
- Apply for health insurance for the cases
- Maintain and complete case files and required documentation for each case
- Maintain regular contact with assigned cases, including required home visits
- Provide health and safety orientations to the families
- Identify and address barriers to successful resettlement as necessary
- Operate as a cultural broker between volunteers, church groups, service providers and refugees.
- Other related tasks as assigned
- A desire to serve refugees in support of the mission of World Relief
- Bachelor degree in Social Work or related field preferred
- Proficiency in a refugee language highly desirable
- Flexibility and the ability to learn quickly in a fast paced work environment
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively and effectively in cross-cultural settings
- Previous experience with refugees highly desirable
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Current driver’s license, and clean driving record required.
- Ability to work long hours including late night airport arrival pick up.
- Authorization to legally work in the US.
Location: Kent, Washington
To apply, please visit World Relief's career portal. (If the specific position is not immediately visible, please check back in a couple of days)
For questions, please contact Medard at firstname.lastname@example.org